Quick round-up of things that caught my eye this week…
– New discovery to my blog-reading habits, the very promising Brontosaur.us serves us up a very nice taste of Golden Bones, with the tune, “The Cost of Comfort”. It’s a killer track, and if Brontosaur.us keeps exposing me to sounds like that, it will easily become a regular fixture in my reading list.
– Already a stalwart in that list, the Captain over at Thanks Captain Obvious throws us some Anathallo bones with tracks from their upcoming album, “Canopy Glow”. When the Captain says something like, “I reiterate.. so freaking good” about a band, you better believe I sit up and notice. And, as usual, he’s right. Go check it out.
– Meanwhile, my name-doppelganger, Matt over at Addicted To Vinyl points us towards some Ryan Adams and The Cardinals tunes. Even though he didn’t freaking go to the show, he still deserves the link-love for spreading the word. (Side note: I managed to get my preorder copy of Ryan Adams’ “Infinity Blues” in. Did you?)
– The always-worthwhile Ninebullets points out that Olin & The Moon are offering their CD, “40 Miles of Bad Road“, for free on their myspace page (and also on the Ninebullets site itself)… which comes as good news, as I was also searching high and low for it. Head over and listen to some tunes now.
– Completely unrelated to music here, but I’ve also finally got something up and running on my other personal blog, Matt-Burgess.com. Well, I say “up and running”, but really all I mean is that there’s something there now. I’ll be using that blog when I have something to say that isn’t strictly music related, and wouldn’t fit here… so if you feel like you can’t get enough of me here (yeah, right), then feel free to call around there.